Thursday, January 13, 2011

Here goes...

I’m starting this blog because there are so many things going on in our lives at the moment that it would be a pity not have them recorded somewhere, and not to share them with relatives and friends. When I say ‘our’ lives it’s basically Guy, my partner in crime (and all other things), Francesca (affectionately known as Cikka) our two-year-old, Tara our mixed-breed-with-a-bit-of-pointer-thrown-in dog, and me.


What led me to start this blog is not a very happy story, so I’ll keep it short. I had a serious health scare over the past few months. All tests, scans, probes, etc. done and all was found to be physically ok with me, but the waiting and the ifs and the fears, plus my phobia of anything medical or hospital-related, have left me somewhat shaken. I’m really surprised how with the last result I didn’t magically get back to my normal self, but I haven’t. I was only given the green light a week ago so I guess I have to be patient and let the healing take its time.

Looking at the bright side of this experience though, there were some lessons learnt; Be thankful and appreciate each and every moment you have with your loved ones, and always put family first because when times get tough they are the ones who will be there for you. I also learnt that Guy is my rock. I wouldn’t have been able to face certain things so well without him.

That said, there are other exciting things in our lives – we have bought a house and 2011 will hopefully see us out of our little flat and into our new home. The house is an old one which we are slowly restoring and transforming with the help of our brilliant contractor – Victor the builder, also known as Bob (by Cikka). So I guess I’ll be telling you quite a bit about this project.


Then there are the trials and comic moments which come with bringing up a two-year-old. Let me just say that I’ve discovered having, bringing up, and getting to know your children is the most amazing journey you could ever embark on, and even though it’s tiring and frustrating at the best of times, there is nothing that could compare to it.
So that’s us. This is where we are now, and I hope you’ll enjoy reading about our everyday adventures.


PS - These are just some pics you may not have seen if you know us, and if you don't... well this is us. I'll try to get a good pic of Tara soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment